H+O Structural Engineering specializes in mid- and high-rise building design, serving architects and real estate developers across the country. Our mission is simple: A Better Experience. For our team. For our clients. We are seeking an experienced structural engineer to serve as our Senior Project Manager. In this role, you will independently manage project and manage projects through others. You will collaborate in a variety of projects of all material types, ranging from adaptive reuse developments to large high-rise structures. This is an excellent opportunity to support client success, help scale our Boston office and launch new markets as we expand our national reach.
You will be engaged in each stage of the design process, from conceptual design to construction administration. Given our highly collaborative environment, you’ll not only manage junior engineers, but be seen as a mentor integral to their growth. Our design framework creates opportunity for driven engineers to streamline design coordination, tackle new challenges and reduce burnout – giving you the resources to manage others effectively and focus on high-value work.
What is the ultimate goal of H+O? To provide a stable, reliable and enjoyable place for the H+O team to work, because peoples families and livelihoods depend on it. We lead with The Great Game of Business, a transparent business environment where everyone understands and has visibility to the company financials. Financial literacy training connects our organizational strategy and daily execution to the financial health of the business.
Know you have a stake in the outcome through our transparent bonus program, with an opportunity to earn an additional 20% of your annual salary. Know exactly where we stand alongside the H+O team in our weekly financial forecasting.
We’re excited to offer a fast-paced, close-knit environment without a ceiling to your long-term development as we continue to expand not only our Boston office, but our national presence. We will continue to grow, not in spite of our employees, but because of our employees. If you’re a talented, creative, and goal-oriented structural engineer, we'd love to hear from you!
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and desired salary via the link below. Please include a link to an online portfolio, or descriptions of 5-10 projects you’ve managed, somewhere in your application.
· Participate in and contribute to H+O University: our comprehensive training and professional development program
· Oversee and manage projects of varying complexity and size, from conceptual design to construction. Contribute independently where
· Oversee junior engineers and independently perform structural analysis, design and detailing of wood, steel and concrete
· Modeling and production of structural drawings in Revit
· Manage construction administration services including shop drawing/RFI review and site visits
· Responsible for complete building design and drawing production for projects under purview
· Guide junior staff in executing design and modeling tasks
· Strong ability to leverage past experiences to overcome new challenges and solve problems
· Accountable for delivering expected outcomes under their responsibility, above all hurdles
· Positively contribute to company culture and design framework
· Participate in open-book financial management via The Great Game of Business
· Support clients in achieving their goals to create A Better Experience
· Make decisions and lead with the H+O mission, vision and values
· Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering (Master of Science is preferred)
· Relevant work experience in structural engineering across all building materials and various markets.
· EIT certification or PE license
· Knowledge of Excel, Revit, Ram Structural System and RAM Elements preferred, but not required
· Ability to work in a team environment, supporting the success of both colleagues and clients
· Goal-oriented with a desire to grow
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Very competitive salary, commensurate with competencies and experience
· A transparent bonus program aligned with company performance, paid out quarterly with an opportunity to earn up to 20% of the
annual base salary
· H+O University – training and professional development program
· Financial literacy training and open-book financial management
· Flexible work-from-home policy
· Full health insurance: 100% for individual, 50% for family + HSA account
· Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance
· 401k with employer match
· 4 weeks PTO
· Access to pre-tax public transportation passes
· Growth opportunities as we scale locally and nationally
H+O is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.