H+O Structural Engineering specializes in mid- and high-rise building design, serving architects and real estate developers across the country. Our mission is simple: A Better Experience. For our team. For our clients. We are seeking an experienced structural engineer to serve as our Project Manager. In this role, you will be independently managing a variety of projects of all material types, ranging from adaptive reuse developments to large high-rise structures. This is a pivotal role that has a direct impact on our client's success and is a primary driver of the day-to-day client experience.
You will be exposed to each stage of the design process, from schematic design to construction administration, advancing your engineering skills alongside from some of the best and brightest in the industry. Given our culture of growth and learning, you’ll participate in a comprehensive training and development program, giving you the tools to hone your skills and advance your career. Our design framework creates opportunity for driven engineers to streamline design coordination, tackle new challenges and reduce burnout.
What is the ultimate goal of H+O? To provide a stable, reliable and enjoyable place for the H+O team to work, because peoples families and livelihoods depend on it. We lead with The Great Game of Business, a transparent business environment where everyone understands and has visibility to the company financials. Financial literacy training connects our organizational strategy and daily execution to the financial health of the business.
Know you have a stake in the outcome through our transparent bonus program, with an opportunity to earn an additional 20% of your annual salary. Know exactly where we stand alongside the H+O team in our weekly financial forecasting.
We’re excited to offer a fast-paced, close-knit environment without a ceiling to your long-term development as we continue to expand not only our Boston office, but our national presence. We will continue to grow, not in spite of our employees, but because of our employees. If you’re a talented, creative, and goal-oriented structural engineer, we'd love to hear from you!
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and desired salary via the link below. Please include a link to an online portfolio, or descriptions of 5-10 projects you’ve managed, somewhere in your application.
· Participate in and contribute to H+O University: our comprehensive training and professional development program
· Contributes independently: takes on specific responsibilities and requires less supervision
· Independently perform structural analysis, design and detailing of wood, steel and concrete structures
· Modeling and production of structural drawings in Revit
· Provide construction administration services including shop drawing/RFI review and site visits
· Responsible for complete building design and drawing production
· Guides junior staff in executing design and modeling tasks under their purview
· Strong ability to leverage past experiences to overcome new challenges and solve problems
· Accountable for the client experience and project success
· Positively contribute to company culture and design framework
· Participate in open-book financial management via The Great Game of Business
· Make decisions and lead with the H+O mission, vision and values
· Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering (Master of Science is preferred)
· Relevant work experience in structural engineering
· PE license
· Knowledge of Excel, Revit, Ram Structural System and RAM Elements preferred, but not required
· Ability to work in a team environment, supporting the success of both colleagues and clients
· Goal-oriented with a desire to grow
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Very competitive salary, commensurate with competencies and experience
· A transparent bonus program aligned with company performance, paid out quarterly with an opportunity to earn up to 20% of the
annual base salary
· H+O University – training and professional development program
· Financial literacy training and open-book financial management
· Flexible work-from-home policy
· Full health insurance: 100% for individual, 50% for family + HSA account
· Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance
· 401k with employer match
· Start at 3 weeks PTO
· Access to pre-tax public transportation passes
· Growth opportunities as we scale locally and nationally
H+O is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.