At H+O Structural Engineering, we value customer trust, quality control, and a positive team environment, positioning us to deliver a better experience to architects and developers across the country. We are seeking an experienced structural engineer to serve as our Associate. While leading projects and mentoring junior staff, this is also an excellent opportunity to help scale our Boston office and help launch new markets as we expand our national reach.
With diverse design and hands-on construction experience, H+O brings a perspective that deeply understands construction logistics and cost impacts associated with each design decision, and we’re proud of our highly communicative approach with architects and developers. In this role, you’ll be completely engaged in each stage of the process, from schematic design to construction. You’ll get to work on variety of large-scale developments of all material types, ranging from unique rehabs to large multi-story structures. Given our highly collaborative environment, you’ll not only manage junior engineers, but be seen as a mentor integral to their growth as well. And in this very client-facing role, you'll also be key to maintaining strong customer relationships throughout and beyond projects.
Our expertise in high-rise design and large-scale developments is key to producing predictable and repeatable results. We’re excited to offer a fast-paced,close-knit environment without a ceiling to your long-term development, as we continue to expand not only our Boston office, but our national presence as well. If you’re a talented, creative, and people-oriented project leader, we'd love to hear from you!
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via the link below. Please include a link to an online portfolio, or descriptions of 5-10 projects you’ve worked on, somewhere in your application.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Independently manage projects of varying complexity and size, from schematic or conceptual design to construction
· Manage and mentor junior engineers
· Perform structural analysis, design,and detailing of wood, steel, and concrete structures
· Modeling and production of design drawings in Revit
· Communicating and coordinating with architects, owners, and contractors
· Attend client meetings and promote the ultimate client experience
· Manage construction administration services including shop drawing/RFI review and site visits
· Contribute to our results-driven culture with new ideas and solutions
In addition to being energetic and driven with serious attention to detail, the ideal candidate will have the following:
· Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering (Master of Science is preferred).
· 10+ years relevant work experience in structural engineering.
· Experience with large-scale developments in all material types (wood, steel, concrete) preferred.
· Professional Engineering license (PE)
· Knowledge of Excel, Revit, Ram Structural System and RAM Elements strongly preferred (but we can train you)
· Ability to work in a team environment and deliver a product that exceeds client expectations
· Strong desire to mentor and be a resource to junior staff
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Compensation and Benefits:
· Very competitive salary,commensurate with skill set and experience
· Annual bonus program, commensurate to individual and company performance
· Full health insurance: 100% for individual, 50% for family
· HSA account
· Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance
· 401k with employer match
· 3 weeks PTO
· Access to pre-tax public transportation passes
· Growth opportunities as we scale locally and nationally
H+O is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.